Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Real Food: What to Eat and Why, Nina Planck

Not very well written, but made me think more critically about what I eat - in particular, I've started looking more at the ingredient list (instead of just the Nutrition Facts) for natural ingredients. We already eat a lot of whole/fresh foods, so she didn't have to convince me on that... However, she is definitely a "purist" when it comes to food, and my main question is, how much of this is really doable for my family on our current budget? Sure, grass-fed beef sounds nice, but do I really want to spend the time and money to get it? And we definitely can't afford raw whole milk at $14 a gallon... Anyway, it's given me a lot to think about. Along the same theme, I'm really enjoying watching "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution." ABC.com - check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment